Free/Low Cost Physical Activity Resources
Kids on the Move
Check back late Fall 2018
Dow James Building, 438 West 400 North
Monday-Friday, 7:30 am-9:30 am,
Strollers are allowed but please no bikes, scooters or roller blades
Indoor morning walking (November-March) before school begins for students:
Northlake Elementary, Scholar Academy, Sterling Elementary, West Elementary
LDS Church at Bayshore & Lakeside
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 9:00am
Tooele Senior Citizens, 59 East Vine Street
Tuesdays, 1:00pm, 435-843-4103
LDS Valley View Stake Center: 1000 North 315 East (behind Maceys). All equipment provided! This is a casual workout group. Bring your kids. The group exercises in one half of the gym and the kids play in the other. Schedule subject to change based on instructor availability. They usually take school holidays off. Everyone is welcome. Weekdays at 9:15 a.m.
- Tuesday-Cardio or Step (depending on instructor)
- Thursday- Yoga
LDS Tooele West Stake Center: 220 W 2200 N (behind Clark Johnson Jr High). All equipment provided! This is a casual workout group. Bring your kids. The group exercises in one half of the gym and the kids play in the other. Schedule subject to change based on instructor availability. They usually take school holidays off. Everyone is welcome. Weekdays at 9:15 a.m.
LDS Grantsville Stake Center, 550 East Durfee: Kickboxing, Step Aerobics and Dance Fitness on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9:10 A.M. please bring your own mat and weights.
LDS Church, 81 Church Street: Strength Training and X-Fit/Fit Deck/Mercy on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 9:10 A.M. please bring your own mat and weights.
Saturdays 7:00 A.M. Bleachers/Strength Training GHS Track (in warm weather)
LDS Church, Stansbury Parkway
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5:30am, bring your own mat, weights, and ball. (Strength & Cardio)
LDS Church, 240 Interlochen Lane
Wednesdays, 9:30am (Various cardio, hula hoop, Zumba, etc.)
Seniors Exercise Classes:
Exercise classes funded by the Arthritis Foundation (accommodate special needs) including strength training using weights and bands (provided). Free to anyone 55 years old or older (with or without arthritis), one hour classes taught by certified instructors.
Tooele Senior Center, 59 East Vine Street, 435-843-4110
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10:00 a.m.
Thursday Yoga 9:00 a.m.- 10:00 a.m.
Grantsville Senior Center, 120 South Center Street, 435-884-3446
Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 a.m.
Monday Yoga 9:00 a.m.- 10:00 a.m.
Senior Citizen Workout Room, Tooele Senior Citizens, 59 East Vine Street, 435-843-4110
Stationary bike, Treadmill and HealthRider
Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. – noon
Pickleball @ Tooele Senior Center, 59 East Vine Street, 435-843-4110
Monday 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:00 a.m.- noon
Wednesday 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday 10:30 a.m.- noon
Red Tree Yoga
Free classes offered. Ages 16+ can participate, they even offer an “Active Seniors” class . For more information contact Jessa Kinnick 435-849-7230 or view their Facebook.
View Tooele Parks
- Grantsville City Park is located at approximately 150 East Cherry Street.This park has three gazebos, a pavilion, a stage, soccer fields and baseball fields.
- Academy Square is located at Main and Center Street. It has a small Gazebo.
- Lincoln Park is located at the intersection of Clark Street and the Lincoln Highway. This park has a small gazebo.
- Mountain Vista Park is located at the Intersection of Quirk and LeGrand Streets, just as you enter South Willow Estates. There aren’t any picnic facilities at this park but Grantsville City is planning an expansion to include a small pavilion.
- East Side Park is located at approximately 745 East 130 South. This park does not have picnic facilities but is suitable for non-league soccer or flag football.
- Future plans- There will be a small park area behind the new library. This is intended for use by the library patrons but is open to anyone. It will not have any facilities.
To reserve the use of pavilions or baseball/softball fields, call the Grantsville City Hall at (435) 884-3411.
View Stansbury Parks
Adult Women’s Basketball League-Tooele Community Council Women’s Sports. If you’re interested in playing (regardless of whether or not you’re in shape), please visit the Tooele Valley Women’s Sports Facebook page.